This is an old post, but it's a must read for those of you planning your weddings! Aside from a great venue, the most important splurge for your wedding day is a great photographer. Hiring a professional photographer is an absolute necessity, because once your wedding day has come and gone, all you have left are photos and a few keepsakes! It's extremely important to have quality photos, and plenty of them. You want to have tons of photos that are beautiful, meaningful, and capture the most special moments and details from the best day of your life.
So, what photos can you not do without? This list will fill you in on photos that you simply must have (as well as a few examples, from weddings at The Barn!). You might want to print off this list to give to your photographer, just in case. But if your photographer is one of our fabulous preferred vendors, you can be confident that they already know which photos are absolute necessities!
1. The dress, without you in it
2. Bridal details: veil, garter, jewelry and any other accessories
3. Bridal shoes
5. Bride getting ready – these are always great candid shots!
6. Groom getting ready
7. Invitation suite
8. First look with parents or bridal party
9. First look with your bride or groom, if you choose to have one (and you want a whoooole bunch from this moment)
10. Individual portraits of the bride
11. Individual portraits of the groom
12. Approximately a million (maybe I'm exaggerating) romantic photos of you and your beloved in several different locations around your venue, with plenty of gorgeous poses... you want a good variety!
13. The bride with her bridesmaids
14. The groom with his groomsmen
15. The entire bridal party
16. The bride and groom with the flower girl and ring bearer
17. Bridal bouquet
18. Bridesmaids’ bouquets
19. Groom’s boutonniere
20. Boutonnieres and corsages
21. Your ceremony area
23. Guestbook table
25. Any other ceremony details. You want tons of detail shots. Make sure your photographer captures as many details as possible, because there’s a good chance that you won’t see a lot of them!
26. Your reception area
27. Reception tables
28. Reception details. As with your ceremony details, you want tons of photos of your reception details, too.
30. Any cute signage
31. The groom at the altar
32. The bride walking down the aisle
33. Exchanging of rings and vows
34. Unity ceremony and/or any unique traditions
35. Your guests at the ceremony
36. The kiss! (Duh)
37. Bride and groom walking back down the aisle
38. Portraits of the bride and groom immediately following the ceremony
39. Signing the marriage license
40. The bride and groom with their families
41. Food and signature cocktails
42. The cake
43. Bride and groom’s first dance
44. Father-daughter dance
45. Mother-son dance
46. Cake cutting
47. Bouquet toss
48. Garter toss
49. Candid photos of everyone having a good time at your reception
50. Grand exit
What others would you add to this list?