Preparing for your wedding day can be a little bit cray cray. Luckily, if you're a Barn Bride, all of the details of your big day will be totally taken care of, so getting yourself ready for your wedding is all you've got to do! (Can you even imagine having to do the set-up, tear-down, floral designing, etc. on top of all of that?! I can't either... That's why an all-inclusive wedding venue is the only way to go, in my opinion!) Even if your venue is taking care of all the details, packing up for your wedding day can be stressful, especially if you're an out-of-town bride or you're leaving for your honeymoon immediately after your reception. Obviously you know you need to bring your dress, but what else?! We've put together a handy guide for commonly forgotten wedding day necessities that you absolutely should not forget to bring to your venue on the day of your wedding!
(Some of these photos have nothing to do with what I'm talking about... They're just eye candy!)
1. An emergency kit. Bobby pins, a bleach pen, Tylenol, tampons, lint roller, hair spray, hair brush, any products you might need to touch up your makeup, tweezers, breath mints or gum, tissues, fashion tape, dental floss, sewing kit, scissors, bandaids, phone charger, and a corkscrew, just in case you need to open up a bottle of something to get rid of those pre-ceremony jitters. ;) I could go on and on with this list... If you think you might need it, bring it, just to be sure! The Barn actually provides our couples and bridal parties with a HUGE, amazing emergency kit in our bridal suite. Just one of the many perks of being a Barn Bride! We take care of our couples, y'all!
2. Your accessories and the right lingerie. Remember to pack your bridal shoes, jewelry (including your wedding bands!), veil, garter and perfume. Most of these things will only be visible in photos, but things like shoes, garters and perfume always make for some of the prettiest detail shots! Also be sure to bring the correct lingerie to wear under your dress and what you will need to wear under your getaway outfit. Nothing would be more mortifying than having to wear the wrong bra or bright blue undies under your wedding dress! Yikes!
3. Something old, new, borrowed and blue. Y'all, I totally forgot these items at my own wedding... oops. They may not be super important, but it's just a fun tradition, and your items will also make for fun photos!
4. Marriage license. You're not official without it! ;) Also, you and your spouse, officiant and witnesses should really sign it on the day of your wedding... There are ten million things to take care of after your wedding day, and you don't want to miss the date by which you have to return your signed license. So get it taken care of on your wedding day!
5. Something to wear when you leave your reception. It's dang near impossible to fit a big, fluffy wedding dress into a car. Plus, leaving your venue in a cute little white dress always makes for adorable photos! You'll be a lot more comfortable, and you'll also get to have an outfit change, which is sorta every bride's secret dream, right?! Also, if your dress is more on the complicated side, it might be a little difficult for your groom to get it off when you get to your destination... That's not ideal for your wedding night, if you get what I'm saying! If your dress is crazy, you miiiiight want to change before you go!
6. Any details you're responsible for. Your guestbook, favors, unity ceremony, any photos used in your reception... Your wedding won't be the same without them!
7. Everything you'll need for your honeymoon. Luggage, passports, plane tickets... If you're leaving for your honeymoon straight from your venue, double and TRIPLE check that you've got everything you'll need when you arrive at the airport and, ultimately, at your destination!
8. Relax! This is perhaps the most important thing of all. Don't forget to relax! Enjoy your big day! Don't be stressed, and remember that as long as you're married to your love at the end of the day, everything went perfectly. :)